POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : where can I find the mapping between intensity and point : Re: where can I find the mapping between intensity and point Server Time
28 Jul 2024 06:20:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: where can I find the mapping between intensity and point
From: Wu Yang
Date: 18 Oct 2002 14:21:49
Message: <3db0513d@news.povray.org>
Thank you for your reply.
  I think that "Colour" is the key element in forming a camera image, while
"Intensity" is the key element in forming a radar image. And intensity is a
parameter of colour. I am not sure that if these two intensities is the same
one. In light.cpp file, I found intensity variable in several functions and
it is used to calculate the colour of a object. I thought that this maybe
what I need, but I do not know the owner of this intensity,that is to say,
which point have this intensity(this is what mapping means). Maybe not
right, please give me some advice. Thanks a lot.

Best Regard
Wu Yang

 "Christopher James Huff" <chr### [at] maccom> wrote in message
news:chr### [at] netplexaussieorg...
> In article <3db020e0@news.povray.org>, "Wu Yang" <wya### [at] cswrightedu>
> wrote:
>
> >   I have found the DBL variable intensity in do_diffuse(), do_irid(),
> > do_phone(), do_specular() functions in lighting.cpp file. I think this
is
> > what I need. But I can not find the point mapping to this intensity.
Could